Most Famous Baseball Players
- (baseball player) ballplayer: an athlete who plays baseball
- Baseball is a bat-and-ball sport played between two teams of nine players each. The goal is to score runs by hitting a thrown ball with a bat and touching a series of four bases arranged at the corners of a ninety-foot square, or diamond.
- celebrated: widely known and esteemed; “a famous actor”; “a celebrated musician”; “a famed scientist”; “an illustrious judge”; “a notable historian”; “a renowned painter”
- (famously) excellently: extremely well; “he did splendidly in the exam”; “we got along famously”
- (famously) in a manner or to an extent that is well known; “in his famously anecdotal style”
- Known about by many people
most famous baseball players – Rollie's Follies:
Take a seat in the front row for a vaudeville revue like you’ve never seen before—a hilarious, insightful, one-of-a-kind baseball follies hosted by Hall of Fame pitcher Rollie Fingers. Acts include:
* stories—from the player traded for a handful of bats to the fateful hunting trip of former Yankees Mickey, Whitey, and Billy
* stats—from the performance of Japanese players in their first year in the MLB to the game’s most prolific closers
* lists—such as the twenty-five greatest left-handed players of all time and the greatest hitting pitchers ever
* lore—from the history of baseball in Brooklyn to the Kenny Lofton Curse
And sometimes Rollie puts you right on the field, recalling, for example the time he faced Johnny Bench in the ’72 World Series.
Pictures? Galore. From vintage classics to classic baseball cards to original drawings by renowned baseball illustrator Jerry Dowling.
Management guarantees you’ve never seen a show—or read a baseball book—quite like this one. Rollie’s Follies is for baseball fan looking for a fun, fresh, vastly entertaining new way to enjoy the National Pastime.
Jackie Robinson statue
The plaque reads:
In memory of
Jack Roosevelt Robinson
1919 – 1972
The Name. The Legend. The Man.
Mack Robinson – Founder
Richard H. Ellis – Sculptor
Broadcasting station near Seattle center
most famous baseball players
For example, readers will learn, or be reminded, that Humberto Robinson, a Milwaukee Braves pitcher, was approached by a gambler and asked to fix a game against the Phillies, that Joe Adcock chased Giants pitcher Ruben Gomez with a bat around the field, Bob Turley reached the top of the corporate ladder after his playing days, Casey Wise became an orthodontist, Bobby Brown became a heart surgeon and president of the AL, and that Chuck Conners became an actor. All of this and much more can be found here.